Farris is a leading Canadian law firm, with a diverse client base ranging from individuals to some of the largest public institutions and private corporations in British Columbia and beyond.
We practise nationally from our offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, and Victoria, British Columbia, and internationally through our exclusive Lex Mundi membership. We offer a full range of legal services along with integrated, innovative, and value-added tax planning and advice.
Our Client Service Standards
The success of our firm is measured by the success of the clients we serve. Today, doing great work for our clients means advancing our position as knowledgeable, multi-disciplinary service providers with global competence and a commitment to first-class client service. Our clients can expect the following benefits when retaining Farris:
- Principles of Practice – The prime objective of a Farris lawyer is to achieve the result desired by a client. Rather than simply identifying problems, we seek to find solutions for those problems. We value the relationships with our clients and often become part of their team, anticipating needs and resolving issues as they arise. We have stood by our clients through various highs and lows, accommodating to meet their changing needs.
- Responsiveness – We understand that delivering the highest level of service means keeping in touch with, and being accessible to, our clients on a timely basis. Where appropriate, we use a senior lawyer/junior lawyer reporting relationship to ensure clients are able to reach a lawyer informed about their particular case and/or needs.
- Innovativeness – We continually strive to be innovative, to surpass our clients’ expectations, and to maintain a cost-effective delivery of services. By integrating technology into our file management system, including live video conferencing, we are able to respond quickly and work more efficiently.
- Experience – Clients have access to a team of lawyers with a significant breadth and depth of experience as general counsel. Our lawyers are highly skilled practitioners adept at finding solutions to a wide variety of complex problems.
- Efficiency – The seniority level and number of lawyers assigned to a matter will depend on the nature and complexity of the work and, of course, on our clients’ wishes. To provide efficient and cost-effective services, we use the services of Paralegals and Legal Assistants where appropriate.
- Synergy – The fact that each Farris Partner is able to lead more than one facet of a transaction is unique. Having one counsel familiar with a company and its needs as a whole is a distinct advantage, resulting in integrated strategies and more efficient, cost-effective work.
Client Focused Corporate Social Responsibility
Farris’ CSR program is a philosophy that supports local community events and charities that have a connection to our firm, our employees, and our clients. In addition to financial contributions, Farris lawyers and employees often participate in community and charitable events and organizations, providing both leadership and support. Our firm is among the leading law firm community contributors in British Columbia.