Our Lex Mundi Membership
Farris is the exclusive member firm for British Columbia, Canada, of Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms.
Lex Mundi is the Mark of Excellence for legal services globally. With more than 21,000 lawyers in 560 offices, Lex Mundi member firms are present in more than 100 countries, states, and provinces. These premier law firms provide legal representation and local market knowledge just about anywhere needs may arise. Our firm’s membership in Lex Mundi provides us with global reach and access to legal resources that enhance our ability to serve our clients’ needs around the world.
The key to Lex Mundi is the quality of the individual member firms. Member selection criteria are very stringent, and members are among the leading law firms in their jurisdictions. While remaining independent, each Lex Mundi member firm is committed to uniform service standards that provide clients with consistency and confidence, and each shares a remarkable dedication to client service.
By selecting a Lex Mundi law firm, clients can have confidence that they will be connected to:
- Quality representation: Lex Mundi member firms are committed to providing not only high-quality legal work but superior client service as well. Each member firm is admitted only after substantial due diligence and must survive regular quality and peer review procedures in order to retain membership in the association.
- Preeminent law firms: Each Lex Mundi member is an elite firm in its jurisdiction. Potential members are evaluated on quality, responsiveness, ability to provide a full range of legal services, reputation, technology, management structure, ethical standards, conflict avoidance procedures, size, court admissions, and other criteria.
- Local market knowledge: Lex Mundi member firms are locally based law firms, indigenous to their areas. As a result, they have developed the expertise most necessary in their jurisdictions as well as strong ties to the legal and business communities. They also can apprise their clients of the area’s political context and provide firsthand information about the local landscape.
- A recognized resource worldwide: Through the Lex Mundi association, clients and their advisors can receive introductions to top local law firms around the world.
The key to Lex Mundi is the quality of the member firms. Clients can have confidence in the quality of individual member firms in a number of ways:
- Recruiting standards and procedures: Lex Mundi employs a rigorous method of selecting and admitting new members.
- Membership review policy and procedures: To have confidence that members continue to be the most highly regarded firms in their jurisdictions and continue to provide responsive, high-quality legal services, the organization reviews each member firm every eight years. Membership is terminated if a firm does not meet Lex Mundi standards.
- Service standards: Each member adheres to a general service philosophy as well as specific standards, such as expediently returning telephone calls.
- Involvement of clients: Lex Mundi has formed a Client Advisory Council as a forum to obtain feedback directly from client organizations on the best ways to serve clients and to provide advice on policies and projects for consideration.
Corporations worldwide, their owners, and their advisors are the ultimate beneficiaries of the worldwide reach and the exceptional global legal expertise that Lex Mundi provides. Lex Mundi firms provide companies with:
- First-rate legal skills
- Local market knowledge and experience
- Relevant industry expertise
- Sound business and language skills
- Responsive service
Working together, Lex Mundi member firms are able to provide cost-effective solutions for clients with international needs.
Membership Disclaimer Footnote
Lex Mundi members are not affiliated in the joint practice of law; each member firm is an independent law firm and renders professional services on an individual and separate basis.