Bo’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities, banking and corporate commercial law.
His experience includes acting as lead counsel on several acquisition and sale transactions, public and private company financings and strategic alliances. Bo has also assisted the firm’s senior counsel on some of British Columbia’s most significant hostile take-over bids and negotiated transactions.
In addition to transactional work, Bo regularly negotiates and drafts commercial agreements, shareholder rights plans (poison pills) and continuous disclosure documents for public companies. He also advises in the areas of corporate governance and compliance with the Competition Act and Investment Canada Act.
In 2010 Bo was seconded to FortisBC Energy Inc. to work in its Energy Efficiency and Conservation Group.
Prior to joining Farris, Bo practised at a prominent Toronto law firm.
*Denotes a Professional Law Corporation.
- Queen’s University Law School (LL.B., 2004)
- University of Western Ontario (B.A. Hons., 2001)
- Counsel to Yellow Point Equity Partners in its investment in Edo Japan
- Counsel to Zillow (now part of Zillow Group, Inc., NASDAQ:Z) in its acquisition of Retsly™
- $55 million acquisition by FortisBC Inc. of the City of Kelowna’s electrical utility distribution system
- $875 million acquisition by MacDonald, Dettwiler, and Associates Ltd. of Space Systems/Loral, Inc. from Loral Space & Communications, Inc.
- $500 million substantial issuer bid by MacDonald, Dettwiler, and Associates Ltd.
- $850 million sale of MacDonald, Dettwiler, and Associates Ltd.’s Property Information business to TPG Capital
- $434 million friendly takeover of Potash One Inc. by K+S Aktiengesellshaft
- $915 million acquisition of Aspreva Pharmaceuticals Corporation by Galenica Group
- $585 million contested hostile cross-border acquisition of AnorMED Inc. by Genzyme (the first hostile take-over bid in the North American biotechnology industry)
- Counsel to AUGUSTA Technologie AG in its acquisition of LMI Technologies Inc.
- $100 million unsolicited, cross-border, securities exchange take-over bid of White Knight Resources Ltd. by US Gold Corporation
- $3.7 Billion acquisition by Fortis Inc. of Terasen Gas (Created the Largest Investor-Owned Utility in Gas and Electric Distribution in Canada)
- $100 million public equity offering of Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd., on behalf of the issuer
- Lead counsel to the borrower in Canada’s first asset based lending transaction in the diamond manufacturing industry
- $10 million initial public offering of ESI Entertainment Systems Inc. on the TSX; on behalf of the underwriters
- Going private transaction of Maximizer Software Inc., a TSX listed issuer
- Reorganization of Forbes Medi-Tech Inc., a dual-listed TSX/NASDAQ issuer, through a court approved plan of arrangement
- Numerous TSX and TSX-V private placements as issuer and underwriter counsel
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2017)
- Called to the British Columbia Bar (2006)
- Called to the Ontario Bar (2005)