- Farris was founded in 1903 when John Wallace de Beque Farris, Q.C. arrived in Vancouver and secured work as the first City Prosecutor. The firm has a 106 year history.
- Today, Farris is a law firm with over 80 lawyers, articling students, summer students, and 130 staff.
- We have offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, and Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
- The firm’s Chair is A. Keith Mitchell, Q.C.
- The firm’s Managing Partner is Alan J. Hamilton, Q.C.
- We offer a complete range of legal services including corporate law, litigation, labour and employment law, and taxation.
- Farris is the exclusive Lex Mundi member law firm for BC - the world’s leading association of independent law firms.
- Farris has been ranked by Lexpert as Vancouver’s top corporate law firm for eight consecutive years.
- Farris has been ranked by Lexpert as being among Vancouver’s top litigation firms for six years.
- Eleven Farris Partners are listed in the 2009 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as leading lawyers in Canada.
- Over 85% of the firm’s Partners are ranked by Martindale-Hubbell, an authoritative and global source for identifying leading lawyers and law firms. The firm has achieved the highest ranking of AV.
- Nine Farris Partners are listed in the 2009 Best Lawyers in Canada Directory.
- Six Farris Partners are listed the 2009 Lexpert Top 100 US/Canada Cross Border Lawyers in Canada.
- Farris has a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program that supports local community events and charities.
Download our Fact Sheet (PDF).